Paypal updates and issuesAuthor: Geoff B.
It has come to our attention that some clients are getting errors when using the Paypal "add to cart" function on our site. The error message is typically the one shown below:
HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'POST' not supported
We've discovered that this is a result of some recent changes to the Paypal service. The error is not with Paypal or ImpactFolios, and appears to be localized to certain web browsers that have outdated cookies. Thus, it is likely rare that a customer would see the above error when purchasing from your site.
The good news is - there is a simple fix.
If you or your customers are receiving the above error, they simply need to clear their web browser cookies, and the issue will be resolved.
If you are using Internet Explorer:
- Click the "gear" icon on the upper right of your browser
- Select "internet options".
- Under the "General" tab, click the "Delete..." button under "Browsing History".
- An option dialog will appear. Make sure you have checked the option to delete cookies, then click "ok".
If you are using FireFox:
- Click on the "Firefox" button on the upper left of your browser.
- Select "Options" from the drop down menu.
- In the Options dialog, click "Security".
- Click "remove individual cookies".
- In the next window, you can either browse to find the cookies related to Paypal, or simply remove all cookies.
Thank you to those that reported this and helped us to resolve the problem.
Comment on this article
Post a commentPlease do not use this form to ask technical support questions. Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log into your ImpactFolios account to post a comment.