Adding YouTube Videos to a Page
This short tutorial will illustrate how to add YouTube videos to your website.
While you can also host videos through ImpactFolios exclusively (via the mp3/pdf section), many people elect to host their videos through YouTube. Hosting through YouTube does offer some benefits for additional exposure via the YouTube site, which can ultimately lead to referrals back to your own website.
- To get started, first navigate to the video on YouTube that you wish to host on your website.
- Beneath the video, you will see a link labeled "Share". Click this, and then click the "Embed" link.
- You will then be provided with a block of code. Select the code and copy it (ctrl-c), or by clicking edit, then copy in your web browser.
- Next, login to your ImpactFolios account and go to the page that you wish to add the video to. In our case, we are adding the video to a "Basic HTML Page", however you can add videos to any page that makes use of the HTML editor - such as a blog page.
- Click the "source" button, found at the top of the HTML Editor.
- Next, paste the code provided from YouTube into the source display in the HTML editor.
- Click save.
- Your video is now available for viewing on your website!
Return to the Support Section