PROFILE: Dynamic designer/professional with 13 years experience in Media Services and Consumer Industries; recognized for excellent communication skills.
SPECIALIZATIONS: Sales & marketing, Design, Account management, Call center operations, Quality, Training
- Mac & PC proficient
- Quark Xpress
- Corel Draw
- MS Office Suite software
- ETalk reporting software
- Management & Training experience
- Aspect communications systems
- Advanced negotiation tactics
Morgan RV Resorts, Saratoga Springs, Goup Sales, (2009-2010)
· Piloted new sales initiative.
Increased revenue through group outings / corporate events.
· Exceeded sales goals by 34%
· Qualified prospects using online business research tools.
· Assisted with marketing efforts for NASCAR RV Resorts venture.
Graphitek, Hoosick Falls, NY, Graphic Designer/B2B Sales Liaison (2008-2009)
- Design high end vehicle wraps and large scale digital graphics for all types of vehicles including busses for Google, Jack Daniels, Top Chef, Playboy, and many more.
- Manage graphic solutions for trade shows, large banners, cut vinyl, POP, wall murals, etc.
- Visit prospective businesses and build relationships from the ground up.
- Assess client needs and determine Graphitek's abilty to meet those needs.
T-Shirt Graphics, Ballston Spa, NY, Graphic Artist (2008)
- Sole control of the art department for busy graphic design and screen printing company.
- Creation of original designs and illustrations for wide range of client needs from team and professional apparel to office products, pins, and vinyl signage.
- Met daily press deadlines; kept clients ecstatic, and stayed current with design trends.
Direct Vent Toilet, Ballston Spa, NY, Marketing Director (2006-present)
- Creation of all marketing materials, logo, illustrations, business cards, trade show display, brochures and web site for a new restroom odor removal system.
- Manage all PR initiatives, trade shows, interviews, marketing strategies, and promotion.
Tribune Media Services, Glens Falls, NY, Graphic Designer/Movies Product Analyst (2004-2008)
- Built and maintained client relations with hundreds of newspapers across the US and with industry leading movie chains, such as Regal and AMC.
- Worked directly with movie clients to create original, and maintain existing movie ad artwork.
- Managed 3 exhibitor accounts, which included National Amusements and 10 movie guides such as the Denver Post, Chicago Tribune, and the Orlando Sentinel.
- Relentlessly evolved in the areas of organization, problem solving, and time management which proved to be crucial in meeting the tightest of daily deadlines.
Tribune Media Services, Glens Falls, NY, Design Consultant (2004)
- Coordinated the development of TV Weekly book prototypes.
- Decision maker for assessing customer capabilities and limitations.
- Distribution of production responsibilities from start to finish.
- Technical field support, troubleshooting and training of TMS software.
Ticketmaster/ReserveAmerica, Ballston Spa, NY, Nat’l Quality Assurance Specialist (1999-2003)
*Also held positions as Team Leader and Trainer
- Awarded 3 High Impact awards for outstanding service and performance.
- Saved Reserve America over $100,000 through restructuring procedures and minimizing telecommunications expenses.
- Selected as first person to pilot the position of Team Leader, supervising 25-30 agents. Instrumental in establishing that role, which has since grown to over 30Team Leaders in 5 call centers.
- Trained Ticketmaster’s Orlando call center to take reservation calls using Reserve America software when the Florida State Parks contract was acquired.
- Revised a Customer Service process that saved the department 5 staff hours per day.
- Enforced ReserveAmerica’s call center policies and procedures consisting of all 5 call centers. (NY, CA, WI, TX, FL)
- Streamlined the operational structure to obtain the maximum efficiency possible without compromising quality.
Original Works Inc., Saratoga Springs, NY, Art Reconciler (1999)
- Oversaw the final stages of pre-press production for various manufactured items such as coffee mugs, T-shirts, and magnets.
- Awarded incentive bonuses for very minimal error rate.
Bell Atlantic Directory Graphics, Valley Forge, PA, Graphic Designer/Compositor (1997)
- Designed original ads for clients and revised existing ads for the Yellow Pages phone directory.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of over 400 typestyles.
- Adapted to a detail-oriented, deadline driven environment, and developed workable design solutions quickly.
- Strengthened copy editing and proofreading skills and accuracy.
- Awarded incentive bonuses for very minimal error rate.
Pep Boys, Philadelphia, PA, Graphic Designer (1997)
- Completed campaigns well ahead of deadlines, and exceeded expectations.
- Worked closely with senior level designers to improve design and software skills.
- Learned to identify target audiences, and understand client capabilities.
Hope Clinic, N. Philadelphia, PA, Volunteer Set Designer (1997)
- Part of a team of artists who created the original sets used in world famous children's plays such as The Story Tree Gang and Teddy Bear Tea Party.
- The HOPE Story Tree Gang set and players have been telecast nationally, and have appeared in over 100 US cities and is part of a worldwide program educating over 50,000 children about drugs, violence, and self respect.
West Side Preparatory School, Philadelphia, PA, Volunteer Art Teacher K-4 (1997)
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia
A.S. Advertising & Graphic Design – Specialized Technology degree
*Bachelors degree program compressed into 2.5 years
- Apprenticeship with The Pressroom printing company, Ballston Spa, NY (2003)
- Illustration published in Talent Unlimited Magazine
- Book cover design, Deer Hunting in the Adirondacks, published November 2007